Alan White is a nationally renowned health economist, highly respected for his rapid response to clients’ complex information and research needs with data-driven, creative solutions. As the senior health economist for the Health Policy Practice, he leads high-profile projects and guides the practice’s health economists.
White has more than 20 years of extensive experience on issues related to quality of care, public reporting, Medicare payment policy and long-term care. He led a team that developed the Five-Star Quality Rating System for nursing homes that is reported on the Centers for Medicaid & Medicare Service's Nursing Home Compare website. He is also working on evaluations of several Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Innovation programs, including the Accountable Care Organization initiative and the Bundled Payments for Care Improvement Initiative.
- Program evaluation and design
- Statistical methods and analysis
- Medicare payment policy
- Quality measure development and public reporting
- Risk adjustment modeling
- Improving Nursing Home Compare, CMS
- Evaluation of CMMI Accountable Care Organization, CMS
- Empirical Analysis of the Medicare Home Health Prospective Payment System, CMS
- Health Care Innovation Awards (HCIA) Evaluations-Hospital Setting Interventions, CMS