Supporting Measurement, Learning, and Evaluation Efforts
- The Gates Foundation is seeking to measure and evaluate their efforts to improve the lives of people experiencing poverty.
- The Abt team is supporting the development and implementation of the measurement, learning, and evaluation (MLE) system.
- Key deliverables include a refined MLE and data collection strategy.
The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation’s Economic Mobility & Opportunity (EMO) team aims to improve the lives of people experiencing poverty and to catalyze systemic changes to promote upward mobility. Abt has been brought on board as a thought partner to support the team’s measurement, learning, and evaluation (MLE) efforts to track progress, identify opportunities for improvement, and understand the impact of the initiatives.
The Abt team brings extensive experience developing and implementing MLE systems in partnership with philanthropic and publicly funded initiatives.
Abt is bringing our deep knowledge of the systems that affect economic mobility for those facing poverty as well as the systemic barriers that can impede or lead to inequities in service delivery to support the EMO in evaluating and measuring the success of their programs.
Key deliverables include:
- Rapid review of current EMO MLE strategy and portfolio
- Refined strategy MLE plan
- Data collection, synthesis, and analysis support
- Systems and tools to support plan implementation, including collection and reporting of data and periodic equity reviews
- Body of Work (BOW)-level support across the EMO MLE Strategy