In this white paper, Abt Global addresses the need for contact tracing, particularly in communities of color, the group that the COVID-19 pandemic has hit hardest. Abt recommends comprehensive programs to support state and local health departments responding to the pandemic. Programs should include:
- Engaging communities of color through programs such as the Ryan White program with established community connections.
- Recruiting contact tracing staff.
- Developing training materials.
- Coordinating agencies and contact tracing teams.
- Monitoring and evaluation to identify effective tracing and testing tactics and compile lessons learned to improve programs.